Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year, New Header.

Our first assignment in Design Visualization 112 was to design a new blog header.  The restrictions on this header were to use computer type face and our own personal drawing.  Our header is supposed to represent  us as a designer.  When I began this, I immediately started with the font.  The font was the most simple part for me because I looked for what appealed to me.  I decided to make my font pink because I am very girly and I see that carry over to my work.  The font is bold because although I am not a bold designer yet, I aspire to get to that point.  The next step was the drawing.  I selected a pattern because I thought it was simple yet elegant.  My inspiration for the pattern came from my bed comforter.  This describes me as a designer because I designed my room in a way that best described me.  I think that the contrast between the curly pattern and the defined type came out nicely.  I've learned over the past semester that contrast is a big part of the program here because one week we'll be designing a box for twigs and the following we'll be searching for a light phenomenon.  I feel like my banner presents me in a positive manner and I enjoyed putting a splash of color in it because up until this time we have not been able to use color.

No comments:

Post a Comment