Friday, September 23, 2011

DC Photoshopped


My first step in transforming this image was adjusting the brightness and contrast.  I then adjusted the color balance.  I began to play around with the filters.  All of the filters did something very different but I decided on the filter "cutout" because it truly brought out the beauty of the Lincoln Memorial.  I think far too often people are focused on the steps you climb to get there or the reflecting pool (or lack there of) behind but when you focus solely on the architecture of the building, its beautiful.  Within the building, there was so much detail on the walls and ceiling which certainly made it worth the walk over.  However, when you step back and just appreciate the simplicity of such a grand monument, its mind altering.  I feel like the cutout filter allows the viewer to "step back" and see the memorial for the true beauty that comes along with the simplicity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment