Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Luminiare

Where it all started:

My light effect was the difference between the sunsets in two places.  All photos were taken at the same time in both locations.

Final Project:
The steps leading up to my final project took hours on end.  I messed up more times then I can count but learning what not to do helped me to develop my luminaire to where it is now.  The biggest challenge I faced was trying to print on translucent paper.  It smears very easily because the ink doesn't take to the paper well.  Another challenge was trying to get the luminaire to stand balanced.  After working through all the kinks, I am very proud of what I developed and think it was my best project of the semester.  I didn't leave a detail out, even going as far as to stain the wood for a more finished look.  I love my luminaire because I can use it even after this project is over.

Final Project in the Light

Each side was different but very simillar in order to maintain an even flow.

My project wasn't perfect; it was hard to make these stand in a perfect square. Reguardless, I still am very proud of the task I accomplished.

Finished luminaire in the dark


Angled view in the dark.

Documenting My Work:


For this drawing I used brown, yellow, and orange colored pencils.  The difficulties I faced were being limited to three colors and having to create this on a dark background.

No comments:

Post a Comment