Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wood Project


For this project, we were all taken down to the shop and given one 2x4.  We were to use this wood to create something but were not allowed to use any type of adhesive and had to use all the wood of the 2x4 but no more then that.  I figured that with only one piece of wood, my project needed to be small.  I was very hung up on having to use all the wood.  When I began sketching, it was very clear to me that I wanted to make something that I could use afterwards.  I didn't want to spend my time making something that would just be trash to me in a matter of weeks.  My first thought was to make it an art piece so that's what I went with.  I spent many hours in the shop ruining piece after piece of wood.  Turns out cutting out grooves to fit together is a lot harder then it looks.  It was quite a puzzle but I eventually got all my pieces to fit together and am more then thrilled on how it turned out.  Although upon presentation I had to stick to the rules of no adhesive, I plan on gluing my pieces together after the critique and staining them in order to hang my project on my wall in my apartment.


No comments:

Post a Comment