Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Place for 12 Twigs


Final Project


From this project, I learned that tape doesn't photograph well so I will use other materials from here on out.

Second Model

This is the first project in which I didn't stick to my first idea.  My final project went through three drastic changes before it was finished.  The only reason it was finished then was due to the time constraint.  There were so many different ways to take this project.  We weren't given the type of twigs to use; so the ones I selected were corkscrew willow branches.  These were much more interesting to me then the ordinary straight sticks I used at first.  The problem I came across was the unruly nature of my selected twigs; I couldn't get them to stay in the container.  Thats when I decided to completely change my idea, keeping only the lessons I learned from my second model.  My project came together simply by seeing accidental mistakes, appreciating them, and then turning them into something more finished.  I thought it was too simple and looked as if a kindergartener had done it but after talking to Tommy he convinced me to embrace the simplictiy.  Learning from mistakes was what helped me more then anything else to complete this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment