Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reflections

When the semester first started, I thought I could draw okay.  I could convey an idea (most times) and to me that what was most important.  When I got here, expectations were far different.  The teachers cared about line quality, line weight, shadows, organization on the page and so much more.  If that was all I had to improve on, I think I would have done okay.  But in one semester learning how to draft and draw at the same time overwhelmed me.  Even though this wasn't the easiest class for me, I think I have greatly improved from where I started to where  I am now.  Now I can use shadow whereas before I was scarred of messing it up.  I still have a long way to go but I feel like I'm well on my way because of this class.

I selected this as my most successful because it was something totally foreign to me when I started.  I had never done a self portrait.  This doesn't really look like me but I selected it not on that but because I used shadow and different values.  It taught me that drawing people isn't my thing; drawing really isn't my thing.  I'm a much better painter.  But I liked this drawing the best because I tried something new and feel like although it isn't near as good as Alexis', it is still something I am proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment